Justice For Our Neighbors Dallas-Fort Worth has launched its search for a new Staff Attorney.
The position is being posted through several venues. What follows is a condensed version of the Posting. For the full text, or for more information, contact JFON DFW Executive Director Dean Reed at email@example.com.
Job Title: Staff Attorney; Job Type: Full-time
The “Justice For Our Neighbors” (JFON) staff attorney is responsible for the provision of immigration legal services and for the supervision and training of volunteers and support staff. In addition, the staff attorney may work in coordination with each clinic to promote community education and advocacy of immigrants’ rights and “know your rights” popular legal education.
The staff attorney should have a strong commitment to public interest legal service and to the enfranchisement and empowerment of newcomer immigrant communities. The staff attorney should have an appreciation of the spiritual principles of this work and an ability to work sensitively with numerous volunteers and clients having diverse personalities, lifestyles, cultures, political orientations and faiths.
General knowledge of immigration and nationality law and prior experience in this field are strongly preferred.
Professional and Educational Requirements
- The successful candidate will have passed the bar before the hire date . [J.D. required].
- Ability to work in a multi-lingual setting is required. Foreign language ability is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with religious and non-profit institutions is a plus.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of national and immigration law, especially experience in family reunification and asylum/refugee applications.
- Licensure in the state of Texas is not required.
Salary/Benefits: Salary negotiable and competitive. Additional benefits include health insurance, pension, 2 weeks paid vacation, and an allowance for professional expenses.
Application Process: Send resume and cover letter to Dean Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org). Job title must be specified in the Subject line. No faxes will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with hiring at the earliest possible date.